Restaurant Lead Cook (Sous Chef)
Malvern, PA 19355
Lead Cook Qualifications:
- Experience managing groups of employees, including training
- Positive role model and team player
- Organization and culinary skills to maximize production efficiency
- Advanced cooking skill and mechanics, culinary terminology, and techniques (cook test included)
- Advanced food safety knowledge
- Seeks additional responsibility
- Utilizes and understands IT tools to manage the business effectively
- Ensures team members produce a high-quality product and adhere to all food safety guidelines and standardized recipes
- Coaching team members and promoting departmental cohesion
- Proactively communicates with all supporting departments
- Helps control costs and achieve financial results
- Set a high standard for health codes and inspections
- Hands-on leadership, operations-driven, and passionate
- Supports the back of house staff and assists in the day-to-day operations of all areas of the kitchen, including production, prep, stewarding, purchasing, and receiving
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Excellent quality of life
- Endless growth potential
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Development Coordinator
I get enjoyment out of helping others find their next great career opportunity, which could potentially be life-changing for them and their families.
- Chuck Jaloski started working at Goodwin Recruiting in January 2018.
- Chuck was born and raised in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and still lives only about 15 minutes from the hospital where he was born. He started working in restaurants at the age of 15 and owned his own small restaurant by the age of 21.
- He attended Florida Culinary Institute after high school.
- Chuck’s experience includes:
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse (16 years) – Executive Chef, GM, Regional Chef, Corporate Regional Chef
- Stonewood Holdings (3 years) – VP of Culinary
- iPic Entertainment (3 years) – VP of Culinary
- Chuck enjoys attending all his children's sports games, playing golf whenever he gets time, and doing as much fishing as possible. He is an avid football and baseball fan and loves to volunteer for youth sports.