Actively Interviewing for Restaurant General Managers (Upscale Casual)
Restaurant General Manager Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a General Manager
- High level organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workloads with minimal direction.
- High attention to detail and follow through
- Dependable, reliable, and highly motivated
- Hospitality school background preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
Restaurant General Manager Physical Requirements
- Able to work 10-hour plus shifts
- High energy and stamina
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs. As needed
- Actively influence the behavior of others to ensure cultural icons are reflected in daily practice, promoting a safe and healthy work environment and superior guest experience
- Develop management team and hold them accountable for developing hourly Front of House staff to support the organizations talent pipeline and assist in growth.
- Impact restaurant profitability through effective financial management
- Monitor and maintain the facility that you were placed in
- Represent, support, and protect the company brand
- Assist New Restaurant Openings as required
- Manage the hiring, supervision, and development of staff.
- Mentor, coach and counsel staff which includes positive feedback as well as disciplinary action when needed (which may include terminations).
- Ensure complete and proper documentation for all personnel actions (hiring, performance review, disciplines, etc.
- Create a culture of transparency within the restaurant. Open door and open availability for your staff.
- Ensure all training materials, schedules and guidelines required for Front of House staff are being followed.
- Continuously evaluate staff and actively assist in the identification, development, and promotion of key talent.
- Monitor staff morale, and take action to correct breakdowns in employee satisfaction and engagement at the restaurant level.
- Create a workplace that people want to come to and don' t want to leave!
- Train Front of House staff to operate the restaurant effectively and successfully.
- Ensure the Front of House is properly staffed for all shifts.
- Manage all Front of House systems within the restaurant.
- In cooperation with ADO, develop corrective action plans when necessary to prevent recurrence of problems.
- Manage FOH administrative procedures
- Maintain strict adherence to proper food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensure a safe working environment at the Front of House to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete accident reports promptly in the event of an injury.
- Actively support security procedures in the restaurant to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
- Actively manage housekeeping systems and on-going repair and maintenance programs to properly maintain the restaurant.
- Facilitate ongoing communication among key stakeholders for all operational issues, concerns, or changes.
- Achieve budgeted goals for each accounting period.
- Monitor daily operation for improper food handling and other causes of unnecessary waste.
- Lead action to correct.
- Maintain financial responsibility for the restaurant level P&L