Asian Cuisine Sous Chef
Atlanta, GA 30308
APPLY FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY NOW!
Sous Chef Requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of relevant experience preferred in a supervisory/sous capacity
- No more than 2-3 jobs in the last 5 years with steady progression through career
- Asian Cuisine experience and creativity, as the Sous Chef is responsible for creating new items and specials
- Ability to work with exotic flavors and impeccable presentations
- Must be operations-driven, passionate, open-minded, and hands-on
- Manages the hourly, back of house staff and assists in the day-to-day operations of all areas of the kitchen, including production, prep, stewarding, purchasing, and receiving
- He/she is responsible for making sure that all line cooks are trained to create all menu items following the established recipes to ensure consistency of presentation and flavor
- Effectively lead the kitchen, thinking positively and proactively to handle any obstacles and solve potential issues that may arise
- Can-do attitude personality is key - the ideal candidate is a natural leader with the ability to maintain, motivate, and inspire a cohesive team while working calmly under pressure
Sous Chef Benefits:
- The pay is competitive based on the level of experience
- Paid Time Off
- Major Medical and Dental
- Performance-based raises and promotions
Senior Recruiter & Coach
- Vince joined Goodwin in May 2018. He loves the industry and is very happy for people’s successes. He thinks it is an awesome feeling to tell someone that they got the job.
- He grew up in Philadelphia and relocated to Atlanta with his wife and children in 2012. Restaurants are not part of his family history, but hard work, perseverance, and managing relationships is.
- He attended Temple University for business management, but his true training occurred in the real world, on the job.
- He was most recently a Director of Operations for an eight-location restaurant group here in Atlanta, but the bulk of his experience came with his 14 years of owning six restaurants in the Philadelphia market, as well as five years as a managing partner with Bloomin’ Brands, Bonefish Grill division.
- Family is very important to Vince and most of his free time revolves around his children’s activities. His younger daughter plays volleyball and is convinced that she is going to be a social media influencer. His eldest daughter is in high school, loves softball, and was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes. This has forever changed Vince’s life, and he has become very active with the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.) His daughter loves everything related to biology, so he believes she will go on to help cure T1D.