Assistant Food and Beverage Director for Resort
Sanbornton, NH 03269
ASSISTANT FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the front-of-house restaurant staff in order to retain and motivate employees; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach, and counsel employees; conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate in coordination with the Resort Human Resources Director and Food and Beverage Director.
- Forecast, monitor, and control personnel and bar budget (labor costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.)
- Responsible for keeping supplies and equipment secure and inventoried on a regular basis. Restock items used on a daily basis.
- Responsible for training all front-of-house and banquet staff on fine dining service standards, wine service, guest satisfaction, and all other training programs. May also be required to develop training programs under the guidance of the Food & Beverage Director and Human Resources Director.
- Ensure that the Restaurant is maintained in a sanitary state in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Closely monitor guest satisfaction, ensure the service of food and beverages in a timely manner, and resolve customer complaints.
- Develop and implement creative strategies to increase revenues.
- Implement new policies and operating procedures, ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations to ensure optimal customer service. Perform in accordance with ABC Laws and Regulations and is responsible for securing alcoholic beverages after hours.
- Review financial transactions and monitor budget to ensure efficient operation and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations in coordination with the Food & Beverage Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage Director.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to think creatively and enlist the support of management, peers, and employees for ideas
Demonstrate teamwork and customer service focus
High energy and positive demeanor
Strong planning, budgeting, scheduling, and problem-solving skills
Minimum of 2 years in a management level position in the Food & Beverage arena
High School or GED Education
Minimum of One year of post-high school education with an emphasis in a related field
Prefer 2-year degree in a related field
- Requires moderate physical activity, handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds, and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day
- Work involves moderate exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes, smoke, odors, and/or loud noises
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.