Assistant General Manager ( AGM ) - Upscale Full-service Restaurant
San Francisco, CA 94103
We are a San Francisco-based company with multiple chef-driven, neighborhood-based, full-service concepts. Even though we ve had fantastic success in the Bay Area, we don t tolerate drama, BS, egos, or snobs. We remain unpretentious and simple with the best possible execution. We are authentic, accessible, and affordable.
Assistant General Manager Objective:
To ensure operational excellence, effective leadership, and complete responsibility for your restaurant; the first line of support to your General Manager.
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- Manages and leads with passion, drive, and awareness. Exudes positive energy, is approachable, and sets the pace for the restaurant staff.
- Ensures the highest level of service.
- Team staffing, development, and training.
- Takes responsibility for meeting monthly financial goals of the restaurant.
- Understands and facilitates all operational systems, procedures, standards, and upholds company policies.
- Participates in weekly meetings.
- Open availability with a full-time presence in the restaurant and in case of emergencies.
- Embraces fairness and respect; works well with all staff members.
- Maintains 4-star monthly Yelp average.
- Base salary in the $70,000 to $75,000 range, depending on experience and skills
- Monthly bonus
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday pay
- Cell phone allowance
- Dining privileges at sister concepts
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.