Assistant General Manager - High-End and High-Volume Restaurant
Burbank, CA 91501
We offer a unique, upscale dining experience and are looking for a Restaurant Assistant General Manager who can pull it all together and create amazing guest experiences. We offer a large a la carte dining room as well as separate event space.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- Manage restaurant, including quality, customer service, inventory, cost controls, and staffing
- The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the supervision and development of the Floor Managers and their teams
- At least 5 years of experience as GM or AGM of a highly-rated, upscale restaurant with a volume of at least $8 million, and must have experience in banquet/special-event operations
- Steakhouse experience is a plus
- Well-connected in the LA area to attract talent and aid in marketing
- P&L management over all controllable expenses
- Exceptional ability to develop your team
- Good with technology for inventory, ordering, scheduling, menu development, and general communication
- All-in compensation in the $70,000 to $85,000 range, based on experience
- Annual bonus up to 10% of base
- Excellent benefits
- Upside potential
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. Though his family comes from an equestrian background, Jim chose a professional path that led him to the hospitality industry.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares, both, with candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that is prepared from scratch. They all enjoy going on long, daily hiking trips and traveling together.