Assistant General Manager
Bellport, NY 11713
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- 3-4 years at a minimum in a Assistant General Manager position in food service
- A clear understanding of a P&L and knowledge of systems
- Great customer service skills and the ability to handle any situation that arises
- The ability to develop and work with people
- Builds and sustains their team through training and development
- Continual passion toward guest satisfaction
- Constant application of cost-effective systems
- Consistent communication with team members and supervisors
- A great company culture from the top down
- Very competitive salary
- PTO & Benefits
- Realistic quality of life that ensures a work-life balance
- Excellent training program that sets you up for success
- Great growth opportunities
I enjoy many aspects associated with recruiting but consider helping people find new opportunities and sometimes life-changing positions as the most rewarding part of the job.
- James Kinder joined Goodwin Recruiting in May 2017.
- James grew up in the Midwest (Ohio) and through the restaurant industry was fortunate enough to experience and live in multiple parts of the country. He was placed by Goodwin Recruiting as a GM in “the Hamptons, NY" in 2005, where he eventually met his wife and laid down permanent roots.
- James has worked for a mix of both corporate and independent restaurant groups throughout the country including:
- Max and Erma’s (GM, Columbus, OH)
- The Atlantic Beer and Ice Company (GM, Charlotte, NC)
- Masa Restaurant (GM, Boston, MA)
- Saracen Restaurant (GM, East Hampton, NY)
- James has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio and a Master’s Degree in History from American Public University in Washington, DC.
- His Ohio roots remain strong, and he is a huge Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland sports teams fan. He especially enjoys his beloved Cleveland Browns!
- James has lived with his wife, Eileen, and dog, Buckeye, in Sag Harbor, NY for 15 years.