Assistant Kitchen Manager Needed
Atlanta, GA 30307
We are a growing, award-winning, Chef-driven restaurant group, with boutique and neighborhood restaurants that value farm-to-table ingredients. As we move towards the next phase of our growth, we are looking for experienced Assistant Kitchen Managers to join our team. This is a perfect springboard for someone who wants to take their career to the next level and would like to learn aspects of the restaurant industry from one of the country s leading teams. Become part of a dynamic, innovative, and heartfelt group of unique individuals
Assistant Kitchen Manager Requirements:
- Must have 5-years relevant experience preferred, 2 in a supervisory/lead cook capacity
- No more than 3 jobs in the last 5 years with steady progression through career
- Must be operations-driven, passionate, open minded and hands-on
- We ask our team to be adaptable as management may move around to store locations (within the city) as needed
- Responsibilities include:
- Manages the hourly, back of house staff and assists in the day-to-day operations of all areas of the kitchen including production, prep, stewarding, purchasing and receiving
- He/she is responsible for making sure that all line cooks are trained to create all menu items following the established recipes to ensure consistency of presentation and flavor
- Effectively lead the kitchen, thinking positively and proactively to handle any obstacles and solve potential issues that may arise
- Can-do attitude personality is key, the ideal candidate is a natural leader with the ability to maintain, motivate, and inspire a cohesive team while working calmly under pressure.
Assistant Kitchen Manager Benefits:
- The pay is competitive based on the level of experience
- Internal education programs/ongoing training
- Paid Time Off
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Performance-based raises and promotions
Senior Recruiter & Coach
- Vince joined Goodwin in May 2018. He loves the industry and is very happy for people’s successes. He thinks it is an awesome feeling to tell someone that they got the job.
- He grew up in Philadelphia and relocated to Atlanta with his wife and children in 2012. Restaurants are not part of his family history, but hard work, perseverance, and managing relationships is.
- He attended Temple University for business management, but his true training occurred in the real world, on the job.
- He was most recently a Director of Operations for an eight-location restaurant group here in Atlanta, but the bulk of his experience came with his 14 years of owning six restaurants in the Philadelphia market, as well as five years as a managing partner with Bloomin’ Brands, Bonefish Grill division.
- Family is very important to Vince and most of his free time revolves around his children’s activities. His younger daughter plays volleyball and is convinced that she is going to be a social media influencer. His eldest daughter is in high school, loves softball, and was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes. This has forever changed Vince’s life, and he has become very active with the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.) His daughter loves everything related to biology, so he believes she will go on to help cure T1D.