Assistant Restaurant Manager
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Restaurant Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the General Manager to ensure quality and profitability
- Develops and trains staff
- Continuously strives to impact guests' experiences in a positive manner
- Applies systems in-place to achieve bottom line success
- Helps team maintain proper inventory
Restaurant Assistant Manager Requirements:
- 2-3 years, at a minimum, in a supervisory position in food service
- Must have a valid driver's license and automobile as a job requirement, as our managers work at multiple locations
- Great customer service skills
- The ability to learn and work through a system
- A great company dynamic and culture with tremendous communication throughout
- Very competitive salary that progresses as you do
- PTO & Excellent Health Benefits, including 401k with company match
- A realistic quality of life that ensures a work-life balance
- A fantastic training program that sets you up for success
- Great growth opportunities
I enjoy many aspects associated with recruiting but consider helping people find new opportunities and sometimes life-changing positions as the most rewarding part of the job.
- James Kinder joined Goodwin Recruiting in May 2017.
- James grew up in the Midwest (Ohio) and through the restaurant industry was fortunate enough to experience and live in multiple parts of the country. He was placed by Goodwin Recruiting as a GM in “the Hamptons, NY" in 2005, where he eventually met his wife and laid down permanent roots.
- James has worked for a mix of both corporate and independent restaurant groups throughout the country including:
- Max and Erma’s (GM, Columbus, OH)
- The Atlantic Beer and Ice Company (GM, Charlotte, NC)
- Masa Restaurant (GM, Boston, MA)
- Saracen Restaurant (GM, East Hampton, NY)
- James has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio and a Master’s Degree in History from American Public University in Washington, DC.
- His Ohio roots remain strong, and he is a huge Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland sports teams fan. He especially enjoys his beloved Cleveland Browns!
- James has lived with his wife, Eileen, and dog, Buckeye, in Sag Harbor, NY for 15 years.