Portsmouth, NH 03801
We are partnering with a dynamic company to find their next Automation Engineer. You will be responsible for the automation and controls systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing, safety-related components, and start-up assistance.
Automation Engineer Essential Functions:
- Technical lead responsible for project management activities, including planning and implementation
- Development of new products, including proof of concept, assembly, testing, and evaluating
- Drafting electrical schematics panel and component specification/layout, wiring, programming, and troubleshooting
- Communication link among field and Marketing/Sales and Development departments concerning commercial equipment
- Assist manufacturing and purchasing departments in the selection for new and obsolescent parts with equivalent parts
- Support field personnel with the troubleshooting of equipment and installation of new products
- Assist in the investigation and evaluation of product improvement suggestions
- Submit verbal and written reports of activities and recommendations to supervisor
- Perform other related duties as required or directed
Automation Engineer Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or other technical field working on automated systems
- Formal training and/or certification in any programming language (VB, C, C#)
- Experience with UI design, XAML, and MVVM design pattern a plus
- Experience with machine vision systems to include specifying camera, lenses, lighting solutions, and vision tool programming
- Practical experience and knowledge of PLC, SCADA, HMI, Motion (VFD, Stepper, servos, robotics); vision platforms, and PC/proprietary systems
- Ability to produce and read electrical schematic diagrams and layout electrical control panels
- Solid understanding of UL and NFPA codes related to industrial control panels
- Troubleshooting and maintaining hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components
- Familiarity with Solid Works or equivalent 3D design software
- A solid understanding of Object-Oriented programming practices
- Experience with programming and integration of industrial robots
Automation Engineer Benefits and Compensation:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan
- Flexible vacation time
Recruiter Managing this Job
Certified Diversity Recruiter
Building high-performance teams and advancing people's careers has been my career focus for over 20 years. Being persistent is how I have achieved it.
- Dee Holland joined Goodwin Recruiting in March 2020.
- A native of Pennsylvania, Dee has spent most of her adult life in Atlanta, GA, where she attended Spelman College and Georgia Tech, achieving a BS in Chemistry. She has served on several Educational and Civic Boards and currently serves as a member of the Diaconate at Traditional Friendship Baptist Church.
- Dee has over 20 years of recruiting experience specializing in the industrial, mechanical, construction, and automation industries, having filled HR, Business Development, Sales, and Engineering positions for small, mid-size, and Fortune 500 companies. She holds AIRS CIR and CDR certifications in recruiting.
- Dee loves golfing, dancing, and spending time with family and friends.