BC/BE Gastroenterologist - New Grads Welcome
Palmer, AK 99645
Board Certified or Board Eligible Gastroenterologist needed in Palmer, AK!
Build a practice in a community that needs your services in the suburban communities of Palmer & Wasilla just outside of Anchorage.
*No Gastroenterologist in the community of 89,000+
*Plenty of Oncology Cases in the market
- Digital imaging
- Block Time Available for all the digital OR rooms
- DaVinci & Hana equipped surgical suites
- Hospitalist available to assist with admissions
- MD and CRNA Anesthesia
BE/BC Gastroenterologist Requirements
- ABMS/AOA Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Process is Required
- No Visa support at this time
- AK Licensure or the Ability to Obtain AK Licensure
- ERCP experience required
- EUS experience preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience needed
BE/BC Gastroenterologist Compensation & Benefits
*Compensation determined by experience
- Commencement Bonus
- Possible Stipend and/or Medical Education Debt Repayment Assistance
The Mat-Su Valley is your place for an active lifestyle and non-stop adventure. From flightseeing Mount McKinley to rafting the Matanuska River, excitement is around every corner. Spectacular views abound, from mountains to glaciers to wildlife. Conveniently located 35 miles north of Anchorage, your Alaska experience begins when you get to the Mat-Su Valley. Spend a day exploring Hatcher Pass, test your luck fishing or take advantage of the bountiful hiking. Experience world-class hiking, biking, skiing, mountain climbing, white water rafting, fishing, hunting, trail riding, snow machining, and even sea kayaking. Alaska is an outdoor recreational paradise!
The Palmer/Wasilla area is a suburban community of approximately 89,000 and is the fastest growing community in the state. The area is commonly called the Mat-Su Valley. According to the state Department of Labor, the Mat-Su Valley is one of Alaska and the Nation's most robust economies, boasting job growth and a steady increase in the population. Over the last decade, the valley's population increased by 42 percent and the number of jobs almost doubled. Mat-Su Valley's job growth is in diverse areas including businesses starting up and expanding, such as those in the retail and health care sectors. The economy has also grown in areas related to the oil and mining industries. We are also an attractive bedroom community for those who work in Anchorage but want to make their home close to the rich activities associated with living in the Mat-Su Valley. We are 40 minutes from downtown Anchorage boasting an international airport, over 650 restaurants, a philharmonic orchestra, Ballet Company, live theatre, and countless cultural events. Alaska is a wealthy State with no income tax and is truly America's last frontier!
I enjoy learning every day about people and what it takes to make both sides of the recruiting equation work.
- Heidi Macomber joined Goodwin Recruiting as an independent business partner in February 2019. She previously owned a small boutique healthcare staffing and recruiting agency.
- Heidi grew up in Upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region, and now travels the country with her husband. They are full-time, working RV-ers, and Heidi cannot think of anything better than the freedom to discover new places, meet new people, and make new memories.
- Heidi earned an MBA in Human Resource Management from Excelsior College and a BS degree in Business, Management, and Economics with a concentration in Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College. She is SHRM-CP certified and was part of the inaugural recruiting certification class of Recruiter.com. Heidi is continuously seeking out new information, new ideas, and better understanding on any HR topics, privacy and security as it relates to the medical community and PHI, systems learning with statistical programming, and AI in the field of staffing and recruitment.
- Heidi has a long background in the dialysis field and has had the opportunity to work with DaVita in NY, HI, AZ, CA, and WA state. She has helped open denovo dialysis clinics (including one in Lahaina, HI), worked with the Southwest Kidney Institute in AZ, assisted with the transition of acquired clinics, helped setup and train new Crown Web users, and worked in the Corporate Credit Department (Revenue Cycle Management) in WA State. She has worked in Assisted Living and has a background in Chronic Care Medicaid (she co-authored a book on the topic that was published in 2000). She previously worked for Bersin by Deloitte, a worldwide Human Resource Research and Consulting company.
- Heidi's free time is spent renovating a 28' RV with her husband while also exploring and learning about Southern California.