Banquet Manager - Upscale-Casual Dining
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Banquet Manager needed for Upscale Restaurant with Dedicated Banquet Space
The Banquet Manager works in conjunction with the Catering Department to coordinate and supervise the execution of all banquet functions to ensure client's specifications are adhered to and that the function runs smoothly and efficiently.
The candidate should be a go-getter who wants the next step soon. The type who wants more responsibility, but also jumps on any opportunity to help out and get a situation in control and up to par.
Banquet Manager Requirements:
- At least 5 years of banquet manager experience with good tenure
- In-depth expertise with service steps, guest interaction, up-selling, cost controlling, operations, leadership, and driving sales
- Formal dining experience is a must
- Candidates must possess a deep passion and commitment to delivering exceptional service and dining atmosphere, followed by a dedication to creating lasting impressions and unforgettable memories by providing guests with one-of-a-kind dining experiences
- High-volume experience of at least $5M
- Corporate or hotel experience is highly preferred
Banquet Manager Compensation:
- Base salary in the $62,000 to $72,000 range - all in - base plus points
- Excellent benefits package
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. Though his family comes from an equestrian background, Jim chose a professional path that led him to the hospitality industry.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares, both, with candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that is prepared from scratch. They all enjoy going on long, daily hiking trips and traveling together.