Bar Manager serving craft cocktails in an exciting fast casual setting
San Jose, CA 95134
Growing Bay Area Fast Casual Restaurant Company needs a Bar Manager/Lead Bartender to manage our craft cocktail bar. We have seven locations and are planning for growth - so far, two locations have bars, and we're opening a third. You will work out of our San Jose location but will also spend time in San Mateo.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Take ownership and run it like it's yours
- Work 3-4 of the busiest shifts (Wed-Sat) - other days for admin and training
- Control scheduling and inventory
- Implement and maintain the craft cocktail and bar program to grow sales
- Develop a success-oriented team: hire, train, coach, mentor, and develop leaders, and maintain a positive, energetic culture
- At least three years' Bar Manager or Lead Bartender experience
- Craft cocktail experience
- High-volume experience
- Good tenure at prior jobs and consistent career progression
- Passionate about your people, your restaurant, and your industry
- Base salary of $60,000 to $70,000 - exempt
- Opportunity to grow to a multi-unit leader
- Lots of training to run a craft cocktail bar
- Ground floor with a growing company
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. Though his family comes from an equestrian background, Jim chose a professional path that led him to the hospitality industry.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares, both, with candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that is prepared from scratch. They all enjoy going on long, daily hiking trips and traveling together.