Bar and Restaurant Manager
Independence, MO 64055
Great opportunity to join our team - it's not just a job, it's a career! Our restaurant group is known for the highest quality and a passion for food and guest service. We are looking for an accomplished Bar and Restaurant Manager who can lead a team, loves the industry and working with people, has a good understanding of COGS, high service standards, and a background that includes both corporate and independent restaurant settings is a plus. We are passionate about our guests and our team!
Bar and Restaurant Manager responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a great culture with the team
- Daily management and maintenance of the restaurant floor and bars
- Interview, hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Scheduling, organization, ordering, and inventories
Bar and Restaurant Manager requirements:
- 2-5 years in a similar management role
- Solid tenure and background -- no job hoppers
- A mix of corporate and independent background preferred
- High-volume environments a big PLUS!
- An eye for detail and focus on consistency
- Passionate about developing the team and making guests happy
Restaurant Kitchen Manager Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Bonus Potential $$$
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because it allows me to stay on trend in the industry while working with our clients to find amazing individuals to add to their growing teams. I enjoy meeting with new candidates across the country every day. It feels so impactful to have the unique opportunity to change peoples’ lives.
- Marcia Recks joined the Goodwin team in August 2018, after nearly 20 years in the hospitality industry working in operations. She started as a server and eventually worked her way up into a Director of Operations role.
- Marcia grew up in Quincy, Illinois, and after graduating with a degree in Elementary Education, she moved to St. Louis, Missouri where she landed a teaching job early in her career. She furthered her education by achieving a Master’s degree in Theatre which she says has been invaluable, because in this business you are “always on stage!” After 10 years in the field of education, Marcia jumped head first into the St. Louis restaurant scene and never looked back. One of her favorite positions was managing a Spanish restaurant, the first of its kind in St. Louis, which lead to a love for everything Spanish – wine, food, culture – and a few trips abroad. She even named her three dogs after characters from the famous novel by Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote – Quixote, Sancho, and Dulcinea!
- As passionate as Marcia is about food and hospitality, she is nearly as passionate in her love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Although spring is beautiful as the flowers and trees are in bloom, the grass is green again, and everything seems so full of life, Marcia relayed the only reason she loves the spring is the start of baseball season. She catches as many home games as possible and is never a fair-weather fan. “I love my Cardinals, and there is nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon or a balmy summer evening at the ballpark! The home opener is like a national holiday around here, and I LOVE it!” Her dog, Quixote, is a proud Cardinal supporter as well!