Boutique Hotel - Assistant Director of Engineering
Kihei, HI 96753 US
We re searching for an Assistant Director of Engineering with a genuine hospitality approach to uphold our luxury brand standards with guests, team members, and leadership.
Assistant Director of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Engineering in overseeing Engineering & Maintenance department and team
- Will oversee all areas of the property, including but not limited to hotel, restaurant, dining and banquet spaces, and the grounds
- Inspect and test building systems routinely by following all local, state, and federal codes
- Maintain thorough work order records, materials, deficiencies, faults, repairs, or other unusual occurrences
- Will lead the team through regular training and coaching sessions
- Maintaining the Aloha spirit to all!
Assistant Director of Engineering Requirements:
- Requires three years of previous experience managing in hotels or building engineering
- Must have the ability to interpret and extract information, maintain building repair and upkeep including, but not limited to pool, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Professional communication skills
Assistant Director of Engineering Benefits:
- Competitive salary in the 70-75k range
- Upward mobility in the near to mid-term future.
- Excellent healthcare package
- Relocation package
- Major quality of life!
Recruiter Managing this Job
Kenji Salz joined Goodwin Recruiting in July 2020. He is a professional and diligent talent-sourcing specialist with a track record of delivering excellent client and candidate experiences simultaneously with outstanding business results. Proven in his ability to discern candidate and client-partner real-needs, he collaborates, advocates, and leverages those insights to deliver an exceptional level of satisfaction.
Kenji was raised in Honolulu, spent his 20s in Boston, and then embarked on a 28-year adventure working and living abroad in Asia and the Middle East as a highly respected culinarian and career executive chef, with a record of creating excellent customer experiences and pairing those experiences with outstanding business results.
He returned stateside and launched the second phase of his career as a hospitality recruiter with deep passion and knowledge within this industry. Kenji's passion is in talent-sourcing and advocating daily on behalf of both candidates and wonderful Goodwin Recruiting partner-clients. Kenji takes the time to truly understand his candidates' skills, passions, and goals, as well as the true needs of the businesses he is helping to hire, and leveraging those insights with the intent to deliver exceptional levels of satisfaction.
Kenji is married with two kids, three dogs, and recently repatriated back across the Pacific to Tucson, Arizona. He is a member of the Tucson Metro Chamber and enjoys networking with and supporting other local businesses.