Harlan, NE HASH(0x3dc3100)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
Follow all safety policies, procedures, and guidelines Haz Com program, Lockout Tagout, employee training, and safety documents.
- accurately interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished workpieces or parts, sequences of operations, and setup requirements.
- Creates, adjusts, or modifies CNC programs either manually or with Computer Aided Machining software (CAM).
- Measures, marks, and confirms specification dimensions and reference points on material or workpieces as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and drill presses.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to regulate machining factors such as speeds, feeds, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions, collisions of machine or tools, out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of Quality of finished workpiece to specifications through drawings specifications, fit or function of a part, or measurement using precision instruments such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, thread gages, go-no-go gages, and other equipment as trained or assigned.
- Sets up and operates the machine on trial run to verify the accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data to avoid crashes or machines, tools, or material.
- Assists with determining best practice machining methods.
- Offers labor times, rates of machining and feasibility for cost estimating.
- Assembles parts into complete assembly per: drawings, fit and function, and customer specifications.
- Confers, discusses, and analyzes conformity, application, or function of completed parts with engineers, internal customers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Design, produce and implement fixtures, set up tools, or guarding to safely and efficiently hold or produce material for CNC machining applications.
- Meets and works scheduled overtime hour requirements based on customer demand, requirements, and schedules.
- Displays acceptance and willingness for new and adaptive learning opportunities for work flexing into other areas or departments as needed or assigned for cross-training opportunities.
- Adheres to and follows all applicable Conductix-Wampfler ISO and Quality standards, written work instructions, and policies.
- Understands, supports, implements, and sustains 5S program initiatives and goals as required and assigned.
- Supports and upholds the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) policy.
- Exemplifies and Upholds Core Values.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two years related experience and/or training; or a minimum of four years of job shop related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Or certification of completion of a Certified Apprenticeship Program