Catering Sales Manager
Columbus, OH 43085
Candidates should have extensive knowledge of hotel catering sales in a variety of market segments including, new business development, account management, space utilization and maximization menu development, wine and beverage sales and a history of upsell success. A history of creating a culture where both guests and associates feel valued and appreciated is mandatory.
- Solicit, book, plan, and coordinate meetings/functions while maximizing the banquet space to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Position is responsible for finalizing group business.
- Recommend program and procedural changes.
- Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals. Plan, upsell, and detail the meeting/function with the client, including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel, and resolve any issues, complaints, and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare status and period-end reports to keep management abreast of activities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/hotel procedures and products and the competition's product, strengths, and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals.
- Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food and beverage, and hospitality professions.
- Requires knowledge of the hotel's and corporate policies and procedures and the ability to determine a course of action based on these guidelines.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indication logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests. Ability to drive to outside sales calls.
- More than 2 years of post-high school education
- 2 years or more experience in Hotel Sales and Catering