Chef de Cuisine - Large, Upscale Hotel Restaurant
Tucson, AZ 85757
Provides leadership and direction for the assigned kitchen - supervises and coordinates all back of house operations including meal preparation for guests.
Chef de Cuisine Requirements:
- Pro-active leader
- Plans for day's activities
- Supervises kitchen staff - scheduling, developing, training, coaching, mise en place, appearance/grooming, and report injuries
- Maintains inventory pars, storage, and controls waste
- Maintains supplies, tools, and equipment
- Maintains safe, sanitary, and organized conditions
- Responsible for the flawless and consistent execution of the dining room and room-service orders: recipes, preparation, portions, taste, presentation, and expo
- Assist in menu planning
- Guest complaints
- Recordkeeping, reports, trends, productivity, and progress
- Assist with strategic planning
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software, especially word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to maintain the physical stamina required, including an ability to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to stoop, bend, walk, reach objects above shoulder height, and use hands
- Must successfully pass a Chef de Cuisine cooking audition
- High school or General Equivalency Diploma AND five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a full-service restaurant or hotel, including two (2) years as a Sous Chef
- Must either possess or obtain a valid Food Handler's card and ServSafe certification within three (3) months of employment
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to obtain, maintain, and retain a valid non-gaming license
- Associate degree in the culinary arts or completion of a culinary certificate program preferred
- Understanding of the region as well as a willingness to learn and understand tribal customs, knowledge, and culture
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- The base is $18.86 to $19.80/hour, depending on experience
- Relocation package
- Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision Plans - the majority of each are employer-paid
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance paid by the employer
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. Though his family comes from an equestrian background, Jim chose a professional path that led him to the hospitality industry.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares, both, with candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that is prepared from scratch. They all enjoy going on long, daily hiking trips and traveling together.