Chief Financial Officer / CFO - Restaurant Group
Whitefish, MT 59937
Chief Financial Officer Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Plan, develop, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and financial performance
- Attend and participate in board and operational meetings - present financial reports at board meetings
- Oversee preparation of accurate monthly financial statements and communicate to the executive team areas of financial opportunity and of improvement needed in accurate financial reporting
- Prepare annual financial statements for tax preparation and audit
- Manage and develop the positions of controller, assistant controller, lead accountant, accounts payable, and payroll accountant
- Coordinate workflow and review work for accuracy and timeliness while providing assistance and mentoring to other team members
- Ensure compliance of all financial regulatory agencies
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications & Requirements (including but not limited to)
- 10 years+ of progressive work experience in finance and accounting
- A significant portion of finance & accounting experience must be within the RESTAURANT INDUSTRY
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance - MBA, MAcc or MPAcc preferred
- Exceptional leadership, management, and developmental experience and skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to set achievable deadlines and goals and work autonomously
- Ability to effectively influence others and build positive work environments and relationships through enthusiasm, sociability, supportiveness, and insight
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced spreadsheet, word processing, payroll, and business reporting software experience and skills
- Working knowledge of state and federal financial rules and regulations
- Able to analyze financial data, identify areas of opportunity, deficiencies, and inconsistencies and determine/execute corrective action
- Able to draft financial correspondence, reports, and statements and demonstrate strong meeting management skills
- Able to respond to financial inquiries from regulatory agencies and business community
- Ability to support, manage, and develop an IT department would be added plus
Chief Financial Officer Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Additional bonus potential
- Exceptional health insurance package
- Generous vacation and PTO benefits
- Generous comp privileges
- Extremely laid back corporate environment (dry cleaning will not be a major expense!)
- Home office located in picturesque Flathead Valley, Montana
I’ve always loved helping to shape careers as a leader in the restaurant industry. I’m thrilled to be able to do the same without the rigors of day-to-day restaurant operations.
- Jeff Wilk’s career with Goodwin Recruiting began in January of 2016.
- Jeff grew up on a large family farm in central Michigan. He fell in love with the restaurant industry while working at a restaurant in high school.
- Jeff is a graduate of Michigan State University’s School of Hospitality Management.
- Jeff worked 21 years for Bloomin’ Brands – 15 years of them as Managing Partner for Carrabba’s Italian Grill.
- Jeff has a love of the outdoors – camping, sports, hanging out by the pool, and working in the garden.