Controller - Hospitality
Anaheim, CA 92808
Controller Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all accounting operations of the company and its various entities
- Ensure the accuracy of the company's reporting of financial results
- Perform ME, QE, and YE closings and reporting
- Oversee AR and AP
- Ensure compliance with all company, federal, state, and local laws
- Ability to bring clarity, simplicity, and accuracy when working with executive leadership and other team members
- Prepare all periodic financial reporting for each business entity, including but not limited to Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement
- Coordinate and oversee all audit activities
- Manage accounting staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
- 5+ years' financial management experience in the private sector required, including demonstrated leadership of an accounting department
- 5+ years' restaurant industry experience highly preferred
- CPA, CMA, and/or MBA preferred
- Strong ERP system skills (e.g., Sage MAS, MS Great Plains)
- Strong experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Excellent hospitality, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential up to 20%
- PTO, Sick Time, & Paid Holidays
- Insurance Plan
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.