Controller needed for Luxury Resort
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Hotel Controller Responsiblities:
- Implement and oversee tight financial controls throughout the property.
- Report financial results to owners and management in accordance with hotel Accounting Principles each month.
- Develop annual budget procedures and guidelines each year.
- Direct the daily, weekly and monthly reporting process in compliance with Management and Ownership requirements.
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts including labor management along with other departments
- Direct control of costs and expenses in all areas.
- Oversee compliance of local, state and federal laws.
- Oversee risk management program, including all insurances.
- Oversee financial training of all management.
- In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least the following departments or positions: Hotel/Resort Controller, Assistant Director of Finance, Area Director of Finance
- Manage capital expenditures according to budget
- ROI calculations for projects and capital expenditures
- Strategic analysis on current operations
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Five years experience as a hotel/resort controller overseeing multiple revenue streams in excess of $50M.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
- Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales, Spa and F&B Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments.
- Actively involved in yield management and revenue enhancement.
- Oversee consolidation of budgets and projections.
- Assist Departments in budget preparation.
- Provide management with operational reports.
- Prepare and review daily reports. Responsible for IS/MIS function.
- Responsible for IS/MIS, Telecommunications, and purchasing.
- Identify and recommend software applications.
- Review leases, contracts, agreements, subcontracts, and licenses from accounting perspective.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion. Solid career progression up through the ranks.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees. Experience training and cross-training employees.
- BA/BS 4-5-year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Specific degree in Accounting or Finance
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.