Corporate Chef interested in a career opportunity in Kampala, Uganda
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Corporate Chef Requirements:
- Prior responsibility for a U.S.-based commissary kitchen and at least 10 upscale casual restaurants
- Creating and administering all kitchen systems to U.S. standards company-wide, including execution and quality-control, inventory systems, budgets, food costs, SOPs, and training and development
- Stable tenure and consistent progression
- Traits: Adventurous, open-minded, like to create structure and systems, good at building and maintaining a culture, good motivator, caring, and hands-on when needed
- Must have a current Passport and be ready for travel - a Yellow Fever vaccine will be required prior to the fly-in interview
- Salary in the $100,000 to $120,000 USD range, based on prior experience
- Doctors are paid for - the candidate is responsible for medications, but they are pennies on the dollar and cheaper than the US, to begin with
- The employee will be provided with housing, local cell (not the US), car, gas, and driver
- The company will handle work Visa and relocation expenses
- Out-of-pocket will be mostly meals and entertainment at pennies on the dollar
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.