Costa Mesa, CA 92626
We are searching for a strong Multi-Unit Corporate Controller. The Controller will lead a small team of accounting professionals and provide guidance to executive leadership in all matters relating to the financial operation of the company. The ideal Controller candidate must have a strong multi-industry background. Public accounting audit experience will is a HUGE plus.
Corporate Controller Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports, annual audits, and annual budgets
- Responsible for all accounting operations of the company
- Ensure compliance with all company, federal, state, and local laws
- Assure corporate income tax compliance and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns
- Review, support and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Lead and coordinate the preparation and analysis of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
Corporate Controller Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Public Accounting with previous audit experience
- CPA certification and/or MBA is highly desirable
- Minimum of 7 years of previous experience
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating advanced formulas, macros, and pivot tables in Excel
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience improving accounting department controls, systems, procedures, and organizational flow
Corporate Controller Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-paid medical with the option to buy-up
- Dental, Vision, and Life
Recruiter Managing this Job
I enjoy mentoring and working with people around the country grow their career.
- Jeremy Hamon joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2019.
- Jeremy currently lives in Austin Texas. He attended the University of Arizona with a major in Business Administration.
- Jeremy has a total of 24 years of hospitality accounting experience within country clubs, resorts, spas, and hotels across the country.
- In his spare time, Jeremy enjoys fishing, traveling, and spending time with his wife and 2 boys.