Corporate Sales Manager
Washington, DC 20024
Corporate Sales Manager Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of guest and market needs
- Execute the sales plan using effective sales techniques
- Lead Generation - Network through current guests, telemarketing, attending trade shows and industry events, and requesting referrals
- Sales Conversion - Successfully convert prospects to clients by conducting telephone sales calls to both new and existing guests, and using effective closing techniques
- Identifies guest needs and utilize in-depth product knowledge to prepare winning proposals
- Balances Company and guest needs to create win/win situations
- Convincingly presents proposals over the phone and in person during site inspections and appointments
- Successfully upsells existing clients to higher value items
- Handle objections and resolve guest problems
- Establish a relationship with associations/business organizations (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau)
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.