Director of Nursing: Senior Living Center
Atlanta, GA 30360
Director of Nursing Responsibilities
- Ensures nursing team members are providing quality and appropriate resident/patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards
- Develops and maintains a quality assurance program for nursing services
- Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified team members to carry out nursing programs and services
- Ensures team member performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis
- Oversees team members' plans and nursing schedules so that they reflect the needs of the residents and resident population, while monitoring team members' attendance and providing appropriate follow up when needed
- Communicates current team members' needs with HR and coordinates various employment-related information
- Performs an evaluation for current and potential residents/patients to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriate level of nursing care, coordinating with other healthcare disciplines as needed
- Ensure that medications are prepared and administered as ordered by residents' physicians according to Nursing Services procedures and standards
- Assure that established safety, infection control, and universal precautions and procedures are followed when performing Services and when using equipment and supplies, including use of restraints, if applicable
- Manage intravenous fluids as ordered by the residents' physicians
- Maintains administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for ensuring MD and RN assessments are performed, and proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments are completed
- Completes required forms and documents and ensures all required records are maintained and submitted as appropriate and in an accurate and timely manner
Director of Nursing Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia with a current license
- Must have specific knowledge about nursing administration in a nursing facility
- Must have at least one year of experience in a nursing facility, hospital, or rehabilitation facility
- At least two years of supervisory experience of clinical team members
- Ability to build a robust and dedicated team
- Competent in nursing home regulations in the state of Georgia
Great salary, benefits, and so much more. Please submit your resume.
I love helping people move their lives and careers forward and helping owners and operators find great people. Only a life lived serving others is a life worth living.
- Steve joined Goodwin Recruiting in February 2014. He has been ranked as one of the top recruiters on LinkedIn by LinkedIn.
- Steve has worked in the hospitality business since he was 14. He got his start working for his father who owned a Holiday Inn.
- Steve has over 30 years of multi-unit franchise ownership. Concepts he has owned include: Little Caesars -19 units, Kenny Rogers Roasters, Buffalo's Café, plus he created his own concept!
- He is a big Detroit Red Wing Fan and follows the Crimson Tide.
- Steve is a supporter of the American Cancer Society, the Kidney Foundation, and helping feed and clothe the homeless.