Director of People - Hospitality
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Director of People Qualifications:
- Positive Attitude - Must have a positive attitude and ethics that support the company's values and culture
- Strong Communication Skills - Must have great interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Needs to have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people from all level of positions
- Problem Solver - Must be proactive in identifying and solving problems.
- Organized - Able to manage priorities and workflow. Must have strong organizational, administrative, and leadership skills.
- Professional - Able to handle sensitive information in a professional manner
- Technologically Savy - Demonstrated experience with computer technologies and the ability to learn new systems
quickly and create improved efficiency
- Education - Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business or Human Resources
- Experience - Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR Generalist/HR Manager work or related field supporting a restaurant organization. Startup experience is a plus.
- Language - Must be bilingual in Spanish
- Strong Sense of Culture - Act as the champion of the culture across the company, identify necessary changes to the culture and drive improvement while creating a high performing culture. Oversee HR systems, in addition to performance analysis, and metrics
- Provide Support - Advise and support senior leaders and managers to address complex issues impacting the business that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and people.
- Employee Relations - Manage and support employee relations in our stores and our corporate office. Administer employees' current and future benefit programs such as 401k, medical, dental, and vision plans. Oversee the processing of all transactions, including new hires, rehires, transfers, leave of absence, termination, and personal data change.
- Provide Feedback - Lead and execute the performance management and succession philosophy and practices. Must provide leadership and support for the company's quarterly and annually employee reviews while delivering transparency, feedback, and great communication.
- Knowledge of Current Laws - Stay up to date on all laws and mandates and implement throughout the organization successfully. Partner with the legal and finance teams to ensure compliance specific to employment law, EEOC, FMLA, CFRA, SDI, Workers Compensation, and the company's handbook.
- Charitable Responsible - With the CEO and CFO annually plans the company s philanthropic and charitable giving
- Great competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health and Dental
- Great growth opportunities