South Holland, IL 60473
- Produce product drawings for parts, assemblies, instruction manuals, and price lists, using accepted drawing standards; may be responsible for some basic design elements
- Develop drafting goals for prospective projects with Engineering and other departments to ensure the drawings convey the correct information
- Prepare cost estimates by analyzing proposals and their requirements
- Quote between 35-70 estimates on a weekly basis
- Estimate costs based on materials and labor for proper cost analysis
- Analyze drawings and documentation in order to determine costs
- Maintain effective relationships between the Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing departments in order to streamline the quote process
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features, and benefits
- Provide professional, courteous and efficient service to customers inquiries related to all products sold by the client
- Work together with other members of the Customer Service Department to provide consistent performance above and beyond the expectations of customers and co-workers
- Handle incoming calls to the department, responding to requests in an efficient and timely fashion
- Enter orders received by phone, fax, mail, or email into the system and follow up with customer
- Initiate purchase requisitions to Materials Department for all non-stock items placed on order; initiate warehouse transfer requisitions to Materials Department to move stock between warehouses
- Review requests for returns, and issue RMA form with full explanation on the return
- Bachelor's degree or two-year certificate in Drafting or Engineering field
- Solidworks experience required; Driveworks and AutoCAD experience a plus
- Prior drafting experience preferred including experience making preliminary and finished drawings
- Customer service or call center experience preferred, ideally in a mechanical or industrial setting
- Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Aptitude to learn and explain technical products
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive and courteous manner in conducting all interactions
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k match and profit sharing
- Vacation and sick days
I am passionate about helping people find that perfect fit in their career. Work comprises such a large portion of the day that people should love what they do!
- Keturah Roberts joined Goodwin Recruiting in November 2018.
- She spent 20 years in various finance and accounting roles, primarily in banking and nonprofit.
- In her spare time, Keturah enjoys camping with her husband, two sons, and two dogs.