Dyanmic General Manager for Iconic Steakhoiuse
Charlotte, NC 28210
One of the Country's most renowned restaurant groups is seeking a new General Manager!!!
This classic, white table-clothed Steakhouse sets the standards
for excellent cuisine and the warmest service in the industry.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities
The General Manager will work to enforce restaurant standards and ensure that sales and profitability are optimized while maintaining the group's family-style culture. This is a hands-on role and an excellent opportunity to join a stable, growing company within a vibrant and dynamic hospitality setting. If you thrive in a fun and upbeat work environment that challenges employees and helps them grow, then we want to hear from you!Restaurant General Manager requirements
- 3+ years' General Manager experience in a fine dining steakhouse
- Must be outgoing and personable with a proven track record of success in leading a team
- The ideal candidate will be able to accept challenges enthusiastically, find innovative solutions, collaborate with leadership and adept at:
- P&L Management
- Food and labor cost
- Food safety procedures
- Experience in employee labor laws and employee retention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Restaurant General Manager Job Duties:
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by enforcing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Restaurant General Manager Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
- Company Stability
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I get enjoyment out of helping others find their next great career opportunity, which could potentially be life-changing for them and their families.
- Chuck Jaloski started working at Goodwin Recruiting in January 2018.
- Chuck was born and raised in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and still lives only about 15 minutes from the hospital where he was born. He started working in restaurants at the age of 15 and owned his own small restaurant by the age of 21.
- He attended Florida Culinary Institute after high school.
- Chuck’s experience includes:
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse (16 years) – Executive Chef, GM, Regional Chef, Corporate Regional Chef
- Stonewood Holdings (3 years) – VP of Culinary
- iPic Entertainment (3 years) – VP of Culinary
- Chuck enjoys attending all his children's sports games, playing golf whenever he gets time, and doing as much fishing as possible. He is an avid football and baseball fan and loves to volunteer for youth sports.