Event Coordinator of Catering Services
Owings Mills, MD 21117 US
Large scale catering company seeks an energetic, resourceful and highly motivated Event Coordinator to join our team. We are dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine and are is one of the leading off-premise full service and drop-off catering companies in the Baltimore metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of our respect for food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques. Our event Coordinator will enjoy creating legendary client experiences while understanding the value of building lifelong relationships. We are dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of our guests, our associates and the communities we serve.
Our Event Coordinator will work as a liaison ensuring communication is effective and timely between the Account Executives, Clients and Venue Representatives. Dedicated to creating a tailored and memorable experience based on our clients needs while delivering the highest standards in safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for assisting the Account Executives in imputing contract and menus maintaining and keeping clients files updated and current
- Responsible for following up and confirming final contracts, call times, floor plans, menus, linens, truck lists, staffing requirements and other event related details
- Assist with coordinating vendors and on-site party planning the day of the event
- Preparing bills, obtaining deposits and final payments
- Ensuring all event collateral is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Attending walk thru s per the Account Executive needs
- Responsible for delivering a high level of customer service in order to maintain client satisfaction, retention and in order to generate referrals
- Responsible for partnering with the Account Executives, Chefs and other internal resources in order to execute high quality full-service events
- Primary responsible for executing special events from start to finish for clients; including, but not limited to coordination of vendors and on-site party planning the day of the event
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Resolve situations for the best outcome for the hospitality team
- Professional, thoughtful, calm, positive-focused demeanor, both with guests and co-workers.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Recruiter Managing this Job
After spending four decades in restaurant operations, recruiting for Goodwin Recruiting allows me to keep that connection with the industry I love and also continue to impact people and their careers.
- Eric Esterline started working with Goodwin Recruiting in April 2019. Eric says he remembers it well, as it is his brother's (Todd) birthday. Todd has actually been with Goodwin Recruiting for a few years, and due to his great passion for the business, convinced Eric to come on board.
- Originally a Buckeye who grew up in Ohio, Eric left for Chicago for nine years to enter the restaurant business. From Chicago, he ventured on to Michigan for the last almost 20 years! Eric’s a Buckeye in Michigan, who will always represent the Scarlet and Gray!
- The biggest piece of Eric’s career is an 18+ year career with Brinker International and Chili’s. Eric started as a manager and worked up to an Area Director for 15+ years and loved his time there. Eric interviewed, developed, and hired a ton of managers in multi-unit roles – so, joining Goodwin was a great chance to continue that fun and a rewarding part of the hospitality business!
- When he is not looking for great candidates or partnerships, Eric loves to spend time on the golf course, in the RV, or at a sporting event or two. Eric’s wife, Kris, and their two dogs love to hit the road in the RV for the great Michigan summers!