Executive Chef - High-Volume Steakhouse & Banquets
Orange, CA 92869
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- All BOH functions, including cost controls, staffing, training, inventory, and food quality
- Create memorable dining experiences
- Lead the culinary team to excellence
- Banquets and special events
- Highly talented, creative, and smart professionals
- A vibrant, take-charge chef who wants to make an impact on the region's culinary scene
- At least 4 years' experience as an Executive Chef with high-volume experience of at least $6M
- Experience with simultaneous a la carte dining and banquets - about 50% or more of the volume is from banquets
- Some corporate restaurant experience is highly preferred for systems, mixed with independent for entrepreneurial responsibility, and hotel or event venue banquet experience is a plus
- Independent self-starter who is a hard worker
- Great personality
- Possess a strong desire to make an impact
- Compensation in the $80,000 to $85,000 range
- Excellent benefits
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.