Birmingham, MI 48009
The Executive Chef reports to the Corporate Executive Chef in both culinary and administrative duties while communicating with the General Manager. The Executive Chef assists the Corporate Executive Chef with the training/mentoring of new employees and works efficiently and professionally while delivering superior guest service.
Executive Chef Responsibilities
- Work with the Corporate Executive Chef to produce diversified and innovative menu items.
- Involved in the ongoing development of the culinary quality of menus and recipes.
- Maintain and develop the core recipe program and ensure staff compliance.
- Oversee training of kitchen staff to ensure the development of their culinary skills and team building, while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Create schedules for the kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service.
- Train kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement, and plating of dishes per current menu.
- Help develop cross-marketing strategies such as pairing menus.
- Monitor, record, and replenish inventory as needed and in accordance with established par levels and manage the cost of goods.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and sequence of service standards.
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout the shift.
- Comply with all safety and health procedures, as well as company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Degree in Culinary Science or a related certificate/training preferred with a strong corporate background
- 4 years of operational experience in fine dining restaurants.
- Knowledge of food preparation and existing health and safety standards.
- Proven ability to lead a team, stay organized, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Familiar with industry best practices.