Dayton, OH 45435 US
We are seeking a creative Executive Chef to join our team! This Executive Chef will manage and execute all culinary / F&B aspects of our operation.
Responsible for managing all culinary functions for a school dining account which include the overall operation and maintenance of kitchen and storage facilities. Accountable for the cleanliness and sanitation of the Back of the House (BOH). Additionally, this position leads a team of associates and manages the preparation, portioning, service, and sanitation of the BOH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff to include selection, work allocation, training, coaching and mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation and feedback, and corrective action.
- Measure customer satisfaction levels and resolve any service issues immediately.
- Handle all BOH financials and provide input with budget development and forecasting.
- Manage BOH headcount and labor dollars.
- Manage food cost controls and control expenditures for the account.
- Plan and create all menus. Cost out recipes for all locations.
- Purchase and manage all inventory including paper, supplies, and chemicals.
- Roll out new culinary programs in conjunction with marketing and culinary strategies on a monthly basis.
- Anticipate trends and roll out new concepts and ideas.
- Stay abreast and current with product mix and rotate new items to keep grab-and-go operations fresh.
- Oversee all safety and food safety for the account.
- Act as a liaison with the client.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
- Higher Ed/College and/or University experience w/ at least 1 year as an Executive Chef
- Minimum three years of culinary and management experience
- Strong management and client relations skills
- Solid knowledge of financials
- Proficient in MS Office
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements
- Strong upward mobility
- Great people-first culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k w/company match
- PTO- most major holidays off
- Employee rewards and recognition program
- Bonus potential
- Best-in-class training - Tuition reimbursement
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Training Coach
Working in the hospitality industry for over 30 years, Jamie Klug brings his operational and leadership background to source and attract best-in-class candidates.
Jamie is an industry veteran working in the hospitality industry, specifically in fine and casual dining. He has led single and multi-unit operations over the span of three decades.
Jamie attended St.Cloud State University for Business Administration and Business Computer Information Systems. Jamie continues to further his education around organizational leadership, graduating from the Stagen Leadership Academy in 2018.
Jamie is married with three children, and he was looking for something that would provide him with a better balance for his family. He transitioned to recruiting with Goodwin Recruiting because it gave him the ownership mentality and flexibility he desired.