Edison, NJ 08817
|One of America's largest restaurant groups is in need of a polished Executive Chef for a new and exciting Upscale Tavern concept in Edison, NJ. This new restaurant is slated to open in the Spring of 2019. This position would start immediately and train at our other upscale concepts until the opening. If you have a passion for food, we would love to speak to you. We will consider someone who is currently a Chef de Cuisine or Executive Sous Chef who is ready to take over their own kitchen. We're looking for people who want to grow and make a career with us! We care about our team, and it shows in how we take care of our guest. Does this resonate with you? If you answered yes, then apply today!!!|
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
-Operates all daily activities of the kitchen
-Maintains that operational systems are in place
-Trains and develops staff
-Ensures food quality, cost, and labor control
-Brings a positive attitude to work daily
Executive Chef Requirements:
-3 to 5 years prior experience from a fine dining or upscale independent or corporate concept
-Must have a Driver's License and automobile as a job requirement in order to travel between local stores as necessary
-Strong passion for food and menu development
-Experience with opening new restaurants a plus!
Executive Chef Benefits:
-A great company dynamic and culture, with tremendous communication throughout
-A very competitive salary that progresses as you do
-PTO & Excellent Health Benefits including 401k with company match
-A realistic quality of life that ensures a work-life balance
-A fantastic training program that sets you up for success
-Tremendous growth opportunities
I enjoy many aspects associated with recruiting but consider helping people find new opportunities and sometimes life-changing positions as the most rewarding part of the job.
- James Kinder joined Goodwin Recruiting in May 2017.
- James grew up in the Midwest (Ohio) and through the restaurant industry was fortunate enough to experience and live in multiple parts of the country. He was placed by Goodwin Recruiting as a GM in “the Hamptons, NY" in 2005, where he eventually met his wife and laid down permanent roots.
- James has worked for a mix of both corporate and independent restaurant groups throughout the country including:
- Max and Erma’s (GM, Columbus, OH)
- The Atlantic Beer and Ice Company (GM, Charlotte, NC)
- Masa Restaurant (GM, Boston, MA)
- Saracen Restaurant (GM, East Hampton, NY)
- James has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio and a Master’s Degree in History from American Public University in Washington, DC.
- His Ohio roots remain strong, and he is a huge Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland sports teams fan. He especially enjoys his beloved Cleveland Browns!
- James has lived with his wife, Eileen, and dog, Buckeye, in Sag Harbor, NY for 15 years.