Randolph, NJ 07869
Calling all creative Executive Chefs!!!! We are a growing group out of New Jersey with a food and beer-centric concept that is slated to grow 3-5 units in the next 5-years. We just need the right people to do it. Do you have a passion for food? Are you a Chef who wants and needs a creative environment? Do you want a group who VALUES their people and offers a TRUE quality of life? If you answered yes, then apply today!!
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- Trains, motivates, and develops staff
- Implements systems to ensure cost control while maintaining effectiveness
- Drives sales through a consistent production of a quality product
- Takes inventory and controls labor
- Uses creativity in menu design
- 3-5 years in an Executive Chef or Chef De Cuisine (ready for next step)
- Experience in a high-volume casual or upscale casual kitchen
- NO JOB HOPPERS
- A passion and motivation to run your own kitchen with autonomy
- A TRUE 5-Day, 55 Hour work-week (we want our people fresh and to have a quality of life and we mean it)
- No late nights
- Competitive salary
- 15% Bonus (realistic and attainable)
- 1 week PTO after 1 year, and 2 weeks after 1.5 year
I enjoy many aspects associated with recruiting but consider helping people find new opportunities and sometimes life-changing positions as the most rewarding part of the job.
- James Kinder joined Goodwin Recruiting in May 2017.
- James grew up in the Midwest (Ohio) and through the restaurant industry was fortunate enough to experience and live in multiple parts of the country. He was placed by Goodwin Recruiting as a GM in “the Hamptons, NY" in 2005, where he eventually met his wife and laid down permanent roots.
- James has worked for a mix of both corporate and independent restaurant groups throughout the country including:
- Max and Erma’s (GM, Columbus, OH)
- The Atlantic Beer and Ice Company (GM, Charlotte, NC)
- Masa Restaurant (GM, Boston, MA)
- Saracen Restaurant (GM, East Hampton, NY)
- James has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio and a Master’s Degree in History from American Public University in Washington, DC.
- His Ohio roots remain strong, and he is a huge Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland sports teams fan. He especially enjoys his beloved Cleveland Browns!
- James has lived with his wife, Eileen, and dog, Buckeye, in Sag Harbor, NY for 15 years.