Washington, DC 20004
Position Description The Executive Chef oversees food production and service for the assigned restaurant.
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- Maintaining consistency and deliciousness of all menu items.
- Directing all teams in preparation for nightly service and executing timely and accurate service of all food items.
- Development of new items and recipes
- Ensuring labor and food costs goal are met.
- Monitoring kitchen safety and cleanliness.
- Supervising weekly inventory count.
- Ensuring staff is upholding leadership behaviors, core values and adhering to strategic and operational priorities.
- Sharing inspiration and ideas with staff.
- Maintaining open and clear communication with the staff, Executive Directors, and Partners
- Conduct reviews and other periodic employee assessment as needed Position Requirements
Executive Chef Skills and Qualities:
- Experience in meat & seafood fabrication
- Full understanding of culinary techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Excellent knife skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to manage and supervise multiple teams at the same time
- Ability to train and teach
- Appreciation of our current context in the scope of culinary history