Washington, DC 20024
Expanding Local Restaurant Group is hiring an experienced and ambitious Executive Chef. We are a passionate group of engaged food and beverage professionals committed to offering meaningful experiences. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work with poise and candor in a professional environment. Candidates must have a background in high-volume, upscale to fine dining!
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- Maintaining consistency of all menu items.
- Directing all teams in preparation for nightly service and executing timely and accurate service of all food items.
- Development of new items and recipes
- Ensuring labor and food costs goal are met.
- Monitoring kitchen safety and cleanliness.
- Supervising weekly inventory count.
- Ensuring staff is upholding leadership behaviors, core values and adhering to strategic and operational priorities.
- Sharing inspiration and ideas with staff.
- Maintaining open and clear communication with the staff
- Conduct reviews and other periodic employee assessment as needed Position Requirements
Executive Chef Skills and Qualities:
- Experience in meat & seafood fabrication
- Full understanding of culinary techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Excellent knife skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to manage and supervise multiple teams at the same time
- Ability to train and teach
- Appreciation of our current context in the scope of culinary history
- Upscale to fine dining experience in a high volume capacity
We offer top pay and a great benefits package to include an obtainable bonus. This a one of the TOP GROWING GROUPS IN DC!
- Rob Goebel is a 14-year veteran with Goodwin Recruiting specializing in direct placement recruiting for hospitality-related businesses across the United States.
- Rob has an extensive hospitality background.
- Rob is a true partner, committed to matching top talent with top clients and bringing southern hospitality to a new level.
- In his free time, you can find Rob on the water casting a line or spending time with family, including the newest addition of twin grandsons!