Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Compensation: $50, 000 - $60, 000, 20% bonus (criteria must be met)
Our vision for the BOH is simple: empowered and self-motivated employees working in unison toward the goal of creating the most delicious food possible while following the systems and structure as set forth by the Executive Chef. This is very easy to say, yet the reality of creating this culture requires the diligence of a strong and fearless leader, ready to drive this vision forward with relentless passion. While the Operations Manager and Director of Operations will be there to guide you through this, it is up to you to remain steadfast in your vision and lead your team every step of the way. Coaching, training, praising, disciplining, hiring and terminating all fall within this expectation.
The Executive Chef is ultimately responsible for the supervision and training of all back of house staff at the restaurant. This includes interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, disciplining, and making recommendations for promotion, transfer, and termination. The Executive Chef is responsible for all safe food handling procedures as set forth by FFRG and is to ensure that all employees are held accountable for these practices.
Diner Specific Responsibilities: MSD has several departments under one roof, including Meals on Wheels, catering, and the restaurant operation.
Meals on Wheels: We work with Home Health United to serve approximately 275 meals daily, 365 days per year.
Catering: From breakfast pastry trays to full-service weddings, our catering provides something for everyone.
Restaurant: Our full-service restaurant seats 100 guests. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days per week. Our menu is made of approximately 60 items.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel.
- Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and food presentations meet restaurant' s specifications and commitment to quality. Ensures that all employees prepare and serve safe, appealing, properly flavored and portioned food. Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portion servings correctly.
- Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitary work environment including food preparation and clean and organized kitchen and storeroom areas. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
- Prepares daily prep list, ensures all stations remained stocked before and during the meal periods.
- Purchases food items, supplies, and equipment.
- Receives product, verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise.
- Interviews, hires and trains employees to company standards. Completes proper employee paperwork, disciplines, and performs evaluations of back-of-the-house personnel.
- Participates in menu planning and food production and portions food items to control food costs.
- Works with other managers to plan restaurant events.
- Sets excellent customer service and hospitality standards.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Manages staffing levels throughout the shift.
- Oversees kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary requirements.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Managing Partner
- Maintains a cleaning schedule and monitors its completion.
- Assists in daily food prep.
- Food ordering and stocking.
- Assists in menu changes and development.
- Supervises all kitchen employees.
- Hiring, interviewing, evaluation and employee scheduling.
- Oversees general functioning of the kitchen, relaying messages to front-of-house employees when necessary.
- Assists dining room manager with supervision of front-of-house personnel when it pertains to kitchen issues and food knowledge.
- Establishes quality standards, recipes, food costs, and sets and adheres to BOHOS standards.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Follow all rules, policies, and procedures of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Accurately keep track of all hours, PTO hours and other absences worked according to company policy.
- Professional communication skills, oral and written.
- Actively supervises, motivates and disciplines employees.
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
- Organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team player.
- Works well under pressure.
- Can effectively solve problems.
- Able to take direction.