Executive Sous Chef
Burbank, CA 91501
Founded in California, we have restaurants from coast to coast. We offer a unique, upscale dining experience. There is a beautiful, large a la carte dining room, adjacent-view patio, huge bar, VIP lounge, and dedicated indoor and outdoor event space.
Executive Sous Chef Requirements:
- All BOH functions, including cost controls, staffing, training, inventory and food quality
- Create memorable dining experiences
- Lead the culinary team to excellence
- Highly talented, professional, creative, hands-on, and smart
- Vibrant, take charge chef who wants to make an impact on the region's culinary scene
- At least 4 years of Sous Chef or better experience with a 4-star rating and a minimum staff of at least 45 kitchen employees
- Experience with simultaneous a la carte dining and banquets with more than $8M in volume
- Hotel experience is a plus - chain restaurant experience is not
- Steak-focused restaurant experience
- Multi-outlet experience required: restaurant, bar, patio, lounge, indoor and outdoor banquets
- Well-connected in the LA area to attract talent and aid in marketing
- Exceptional ability to develop your team
- Good with technology for inventory, ordering, scheduling, menu development, and general communication
- Great personality
- Compensation in the $55,000 to $65,000 range
- Excellent benefits
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.