Executive Sous Chef
Cape May, NJ 08204
Responsibilities of the Executive Sous Chef:
- Open and consistent communication between Exec. Chef, Pastry Chef, Banquet Mgr. and staff and Sales Dept.
- Accuracy and Execution and Costing out items of all hotel functions and events
- Training and Scheduling of all banquet kitchen staff
- Participation in department meetings and Pre-shift huddles
- Orders and requisitions of all banquet products ( approval from Exec. Chef)
- Write and maintain recipes and menu development for all banquet functions
- Cook and think seasonal with Farm to Table product from farm onsite
- Allergy awareness and menu planning for Special Diets
- Sanitation and rotation of all food and kitchen equipment, including the display and prop equipment
- Sanitation of all prep, storage, and walk-in
- Monthly inventories
- Must be flexible with schedule
What we offer you:
- 9 days vacation first year
- Off Season will be approximately 40 hour work week
- A lot of fun with employees including family days
- Meal perks at all other locations
- Above average salaries
- Chef Jackets provided
- Much more!
I enjoy recruiting because I love to offer advice while creating a match that suits both the candidate and the client perfectly. It's important to me that a candidate finds their ideal company.
- Adam joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2018.
- Adam has been in the restaurant industry over 31 years. He attended a 2-year culinary school in NYC. Adam trained and worked around NYC in many high-profile restaurants, hotels, banquet facilities, and corporate dining. Adam worked at The Rainbow Room in Rockefeller Plaza, where he ran the private club (The Rockefeller Club). There, he prepared menus and cooked for many famous celebrities.
- Adam was Vice President of a full-service casual dining concept for several years. He created menus, opened franchises, standardized FOH/BOH procedures, implemented restaurant training programs, and more. Adam also worked at The Four Seasons Hotel in Palm Beach Florida where he was the Executive Banquet Chef.
- Adam’s career turned to the Corporate Restaurant world in 1997. He was with the Cheesecake Factory as the Executive Kitchen Manager in many NJ locations and finally with Outback Steakhouse (Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.) in operations as a Managing Partner for several New Jersey stores, as well.
- Adam has a passion for cooking and football (which is his all-time love).