Experienced, Passionate Executive Chef for Upscale Property
New Haven, CT 06510
Overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized. Responsible for the execution of all hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards, within the agreed budgetary controls. Executive Chef to advise the General Manager on all matters relating to the kitchen area. They will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
Executive Chef Responsibilities
- Responsible for budgeting food cost/payroll/etc. Control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the year/report all variances from the actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and other Food and Beverage Department managers on the market potential for food outlets relating to the market competitors and the availability of the product.
- Plan and implement menu design, creating recipe cards, production methods and costs
- Assist in the promotion of in-house sales activities, such as culinary festivals, chef specialties, and culinary competitions.
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation.
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out.
Executive Chef Qualifications
- ServSafe Certification Required.
- Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent preferred.
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in an Executive Chef kitchen management capacity and excellent knowledge of current culinary trends.
- Must have experience in high volume hotel business.
- Must be competent in culinary creativity as demonstrated by cooking test.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of computers (i.e., Excel & Word).
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be comfortable to speak to guests and conduct meetings.
- Candidate must be a leader and a mentor.