Experienced Sous Chef - Superb Quality Of Life
Washington, DC 20024 US
Our growing company offers tremendous growth opportunities for candidates who demonstrate a strong work ethic, passion for the restaurant business, and strong leadership skills. Our products are made from scratch, and we provide our guests with a laid-back, yet exceptional dining experience.
Sous Chef Responsibilities
- Manage the back-of-house team and ensure all prep, recipes, and plating are executed at company standards.
- Work side-by-side with the team as a coach and mentor, providing the necessary training for all team members to advance their careers
- Oversee scheduling, inventory, ordering, and equipment maintenance
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean, organized, and following health department standards
- Any back-of-house duties as directed by the General Manager
Sous Chef Qualifications
- At least two years of experience in a Kitchen Manager or Sous Chef role
- Experience managing a high-volume scratch kitchen
- Confident in executing each station in the kitchen
- ServSafe certified
Sous Chef Benefits:
- No very early mornings or late night hours
- 13 days of PTO in the first year
- Complete healthcare package with life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continued learning.
- 401k with superior company match
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Training Coach
Pinnacle Billers Member
Paddy Sirisena joined Goodwin Recruiting in October 2020. Until then, he had spent his professional career as an operations executive with nationally established brands such as Applebee's and TGI Friday's in both New England and in the Washington, DC market. He always loved the staffing aspect and now gets to do it a 100% of the time — there's simply nothing more gratifying than getting to help someone land their dream role.
Paddy is an avid cricket and rugby fan. He and his family make their home in Northern Virginia's horse country. In his spare time, Paddy is the "chauffeur in chief" for his kids' travel basketball and gymnastics programs.