FOH Restaurant Manager
Rochester, MN 55904 US
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for front-end management to direct and oversee all activities of a restaurant in accordance with standardized policies in order to provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handling all staffing responsibilities, including hiring, training, scheduling, and terminating
- Assisting in purchasing all food, beverage, and supplies and overseeing the use of food and beverages within required dates and with a minimum of waste, monthly inventories
- Supervising staff in terms of food preparation, customer service, cleaning, and repairs to restaurant and grounds
- Promoting cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees
- Delivering excellent customer service including personally greeting and seating guests
- Resolving complaints from customers in a polite, friendly manner
- Performing daily inspections and periodic audits to check the safety of equipment and to ensure that food is cooked properly; addressing engineering problems involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment
- Participating in training about standardized policies and conferring weekly with owner management about restaurant operations
- Administering payroll and maintaining records of sales and cash receipts including related areas of accounting, budgeting, credit policies, and banking methods
- Providing regular, accurate, computerized reports of operations to owner management
- Helping with duties of other employees (e.G., cashier, server, cook, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume
- Responding to customer and community interests to develop marketing and advertising
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 2+ years in a fine dining or polished casual concept- $3+million
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule
- Medical- 80% covered by the employer
- Vision/Dental- 100% covered by the employer
- 401k w/match
- Strong bonus potential
- Great culture
- Strong upward mobility
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Training Coach
Working in the hospitality industry for over 30 years, Jamie Klug brings his operational and leadership background to source and attract best-in-class candidates.
Jamie is an industry veteran working in the hospitality industry, specifically in fine and casual dining. He has led single and multi-unit operations over the span of three decades.
Jamie attended St.Cloud State University for Business Administration and Business Computer Information Systems. Jamie continues to further his education around organizational leadership, graduating from the Stagen Leadership Academy in 2018.
Jamie is married with three children, and he was looking for something that would provide him with a better balance for his family. He transitioned to recruiting with Goodwin Recruiting because it gave him the ownership mentality and flexibility he desired.