Fast Food Restaurant Manager
Saint Louis, MO 63146
Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Train, develop, and evaluate restaurant employees. Monitor staffing levels to ensure sufficient development and talent; ensure systems for training employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to by management and crew.
- Create a restaurant environment that is employee friendly, fun, clean, and safe; take accountability for motivating and inspiring employees to achieve high performance; treat all employees with respect and dignity, and regularly recognize and reward the team.
- Manage daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance. Provide an exceptional experience for the guests by ensuring proper training and holding restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality.
- Demonstrate a passion for the business and pride for the brand; ability to manage professionally with integrity, honesty, and trust that promotes the culture and values; demonstrate high ethical standards; treat employees and guests with respect
- Serve as a strong role model who motivates and inspires employees; effectively train, coach, and provide time for employees to learn; identify employees' potential and foster development for promotion to the next level
- Demonstrate a strong awareness and concern for food quality, safety, and restaurant cleanliness; and dedicated to consistently serving great food to guests
- 1-2 years in a general management role
- Above industry-standard compensation
- Results-based bonus
- Outstanding health benefits
- Opportunity for growth and promotion
I love recruiting because it allows me to stay on trend in the industry while working with our clients to find amazing individuals to add to their growing teams. I enjoy meeting with new candidates across the country every day. It feels so impactful to have the unique opportunity to change peoples’ lives.
- Marcia Recks joined the Goodwin team in August 2018, after nearly 20 years in the hospitality industry working in operations. She started as a server and eventually worked her way up into a Director of Operations role.
- Marcia grew up in Quincy, Illinois, and after graduating with a degree in Elementary Education, she moved to St. Louis, Missouri where she landed a teaching job early in her career. She furthered her education by achieving a Master’s degree in Theatre which she says has been invaluable, because in this business you are “always on stage!” After 10 years in the field of education, Marcia jumped head first into the St. Louis restaurant scene and never looked back. One of her favorite positions was managing a Spanish restaurant, the first of its kind in St. Louis, which lead to a love for everything Spanish – wine, food, culture – and a few trips abroad. She even named her three dogs after characters from the famous novel by Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote – Quixote, Sancho, and Dulcinea!
- As passionate as Marcia is about food and hospitality, she is nearly as passionate in her love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Although spring is beautiful as the flowers and trees are in bloom, the grass is green again, and everything seems so full of life, Marcia relayed the only reason she loves the spring is the start of baseball season. She catches as many home games as possible and is never a fair-weather fan. “I love my Cardinals, and there is nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon or a balmy summer evening at the ballpark! The home opener is like a national holiday around here, and I LOVE it!” Her dog, Quixote, is a proud Cardinal supporter as well!