|We are currently searching for a Field Service Technician for a well-established company. The ideal candidate for the Field Service Technician will be able to assemble independently, commission, inspect, repair, and troubleshoot our power and data supply systems, both domestically and internationally.|
Field Service Technician Responsibilities:
Field Service Technician Qualifications:
- This position requires up to 80% domestic and international travel; Flexibility to work/travel over weekends, holidays, evenings/nights may be regularly required.
- Frequent interface with customers and/or end users, vendors, and contractors.Support in scheduling and coordinating the participation of vested parties at the site to inspect/witness the final installation of equipment and their participation in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities.
- Troubleshoots PLCs, VFDs, and other automated equipment, onsite and remotely.
- Carries out routine inspections of existing system installations. Activities in the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation disciplines, ensuring the quality of the work and the quality of the reports.
- Travel to customer site to perform final commissioning and demonstrate equipment functions as per specifications to obtain customer acceptance.
- Participate in project and construction meetings, as required. Ability to prepare and provide technical training to the end user operators and/or maintenance personnel.
- Provides quotations, and technical support of customers, contractors, sales, and engineering for testing and field-service activities.
- Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry. Provide technical reports to engineering and/or external customers.
- Operates aerial lifts and other similar machinery to access our equipment often at significant heights.
Field Service Technician Compensation & Benefits:
- Candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain a valid passport (with proper documentation to travel into and outside of the United States), in addition to the TWIC credential.
- B.A. or B.S. from four-year College or university; or 2-year Associate's degree from a technical school; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the use of PLCs, VFDs, data acquisition, wiring, power equipment, and industrial electricity required. Siemens, ABB, and TMEiC platform(s) experience are highly preferred.
- Bilingual and/or multi-lingual candidates are desired.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to regularly convert between the metric and standard units of measure
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Base salary of $50K - $70K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Medical benefits package
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Profit sharing program and bonus