Fine Dining Beverage Manager
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Job Title: Restaurant Beverage Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Objective: To lead and manage the performance of the operation; ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction, employee engagement, and shareholder returns.
- Provides overall operational leadership, including all strategy development and tactical execution for the operation. Maintains a positive presence throughout the organization, including both in restaurants and partners, while serving as a positive ambassador and role model of the founder's vision and standards.
- Ensures a superior hospitality experience for all guests. Consistently identifies, implements, and reinforces the company operational standards, policies, procedures, and practices to ensure a superior guest hospitality experience.
- Guides the performance and development of the operations team, including manager and chefs, and ensures the highest operating performance at all times.
- Establishes and implements strategies and tactics to ensure a continuous improvement cycle in guest and employee satisfaction, revenue performance, operating efficiency, and profitability. Takes appropriate corrective action as required. Ensures the successful training and development of all employees, ensuring the highest standards of cuisine, guest service, and hospitality.
- Facilitates the establishment and achievement of all operating and company objectives, including guest satisfaction, employee engagement, revenue, expense, and profitability.
- Develops and implements revenue and sales building strategies to ensure a continuous improvement cycle in restaurant sales performance. Establishes and implements marketing and sales tactics for the achievement of revenue goals and growth.
- Ensures compliance and achievement of operating plan (expense) budgets, while implementing operational efficiencies to achieve profitability and return objectives.
- Serves as a liaison between company leadership, shareholders, partners, the community, and the operations team. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all related parties while ensuring credibility and open communication for their operation.
- Maintains physical plant cleanliness, sanitation, and repair. Ensures the accurate identification and prioritization of all facilities related issues, Health department compliance, repair and maintenance needs, and capital expenditures.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years of hospitality operations experience, preferably in a high-volume restaurant, event facility, hotel, or resort environment
- 2+ years of leadership and managerial experience, with 2+ years of Beverage management experience highly preferred
- Superior leadership, management, and analytical skills with a proven ability to develop and implement operational strategy, develop teams, and deliver superior results
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $57,000.00/year, plus eligibility in the bonus pool, 401k, PTO, and Dining Privileges
Senior Recruiter & Coach
- Vince joined Goodwin in May 2018. He loves the industry and is very happy for people’s successes. He thinks it is an awesome feeling to tell someone that they got the job.
- He grew up in Philadelphia and relocated to Atlanta with his wife and children in 2012. Restaurants are not part of his family history, but hard work, perseverance, and managing relationships is.
- He attended Temple University for business management, but his true training occurred in the real world, on the job.
- He was most recently a Director of Operations for an eight-location restaurant group here in Atlanta, but the bulk of his experience came with his 14 years of owning six restaurants in the Philadelphia market, as well as five years as a managing partner with Bloomin’ Brands, Bonefish Grill division.
- Family is very important to Vince and most of his free time revolves around his children’s activities. His younger daughter plays volleyball and is convinced that she is going to be a social media influencer. His eldest daughter is in high school, loves softball, and was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes. This has forever changed Vince’s life, and he has become very active with the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.) His daughter loves everything related to biology, so he believes she will go on to help cure T1D.