Fine-Dining Executive Chef
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Executive Chef Expectations:
- Adhere to company standards
- Teach, coach, and develop the BOH team
- Write and adhere to budgets
- Ordering, purchasing, and execution of product
- Responsibility and professionalism in the job
Executive Chef Requirements:
- Manages and leads with passion, drive, and awareness. Exudes positive energy, is approachable, and sets the pace for the restaurant staff.
- Ensures the highest level of food quality.
- Assists with menu development that is in line with the concept, with consistent training in place for proper execution.
- Responsible for meeting monthly financial goals of the restaurant.
- Ensures BOH is fully staffed and maintains a strong team.
- Ensures the restaurant operates in compliance with health and safety guidelines and that facilities and equipment are in excellent working order.
- Understands and facilitates all operational systems, procedures, standards, and upholds company policies.
- Participates in weekly meetings.
- Open Availability with a full-time presence in the restaurant and in case of emergencies.
- Embraces fairness and respect - works well with all staff members.
- Base salary in the $80,000 to $95,000 range, depending on experience and skills
- Health insurance
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday pay
Nothing sounds better than the excitement of a candidate finding their perfect job/company or a client finding just the right person for the job. I feel like less of a “headhunter” and more of a matchmaker! I thoroughly enjoy our team here at Goodwin, and knowing that we stand firm on integrity, congruent relationships, and transparent communication makes me proud to be a part of this brand.
- Jason DeSpain joined Goodwin Recruiting in the summer of 2017 and has been successful in learning the business, the companies, and the operators.
- Growing up in the deserts of Arizona where agriculture was one of the primary sources of income, Jason understood the importance of producing food for the community. Having a hands-on appreciation for farming in the searing desert heat of 122 degrees, he gravitated to the business side. He found that guest interactions and the people business were where he thrived most while working at a local pizza restaurant. Jason developed his joy for cooking watching his mom. She didn’t win Chopped or Iron Chef, but she was the first to awaken his culinary passion!
- Jason attended the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management at Northern Arizona University (NAU), one of the best in the world. NAU provided Jason with deep industry insights through one-on-one relationships with the professors and future leaders in the industry. Here he gained well-rounded, valuable, hands-on knowledge and skills managing hotels as well as restaurants.
- Jason’s operations experience includes managing Desert Highlands Golf Club, Mastro’s Steakhouse, Village Tavern, Fox Restaurant Concepts, Ruby Tuesday, and Flip Burger Boutique. During these great experiences, he learned to find the best talent for the position, be it hourly or management roles.
- As a father of three between ages 5 and 13, Jason stays busy with coaching soccer, being Scoutmaster of a BSA troop, church, and overall just being a taxi driver for his kids! Traveling, camping, boating, motorcycles, scuba diving, flying, and being the best father and husband he can sums up Jason in a nutshell.