Fine-Dining Restaurant General Manager
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities
- Drive profitability and system compliance - full P&L responsibility
- Build team talent by hiring the correct people and then developing them
- Drive sales through great guest experiences - repeat business is our core value
- Plan and communicate effectively with team and supervisors - organization is key to success
Restaurant General Manager Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a high-volume, fine-dining, or upscale restaurant
- Experience with a steakhouse strongly preferred
- Understanding of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws
- Strong organizational and leadership with creative problem-solving skills
- Team player with the ability to provide and take direction
Restaurant General Manager Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
- Growth opportunities
- Other perks
I enjoy helping people in the growth of their careers along with the challenge of finding the right candidates for our clients. This career also allows me to stay involved on the operations side of the business I love without having to run the day to day! What’s better than that?!
- Bill Shea started with Goodwin Recruiting in March 2017.
- Bill grew up in Pittsfield, MA. His first job was as a dish washer at 15 years old for Bonanza Restaurant. He was there for 18 years, eventually becoming a part-owner for four years.
- Bill was a District Manager with Panera for ten years with a Great Franchise The Howley Bread Group. He was very involved with NSO and was able to hire and develop managers to assist in the growth of the company from 12 locations to 28. Bill’s was the go-to district for developing General Manager’s to open new locations through four districts which has been a big help in his recruiting career.
- Bill and his wife moved to the Houston area from Connecticut to be near his daughter and 3 grandkids.
- In his spare time, Bill enjoys golf and one of his must-haves was a house on a golf course!