Montchanin, DE 19710
Food and Retail Buyer Qualifications:
- Highly organized individual with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- A minimum of three years of product buying or selling experience, food experience is preferred
- Above average communication skills, skilled in negotiating and forging long term relationships with vendors so they feel like a solid partner
- Must have the ability to develop a strong understanding of our core customer and a sense about how new items will perform at retail pricing in each market
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic vision and organizational skills to proactively execute the plan
- Experience with a discontinuous product assortment and seasonal retail products
Food and Retail Buyer Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and maintain vendor sources for purchase of retail and food products
- Develop product and category knowledge of significant merchandise trends by traveling to company and competitor store locations, trade shows and vendor locations
- Work effectively with internal departments related to purchasing Marketing, Operations, Distribution - and external partners to ensure effective order execution and improve upon internal company processes
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding purchasing, sales, turn and margin targets
- Prioritize which deals to pursue when, and identify short and long term goals based on the team s strategic initiatives
Food and Retail Buyer Benefits:
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K with match
- Employee Discount
- Great Quality of Life!
Recruiting allows me to continue to serve and help hard-working professionals in an industry I know from the ground up and find opportunities for growth and happiness they didn’t know existed. Lives change because of what I do, and it’s my privilege to be a part of those experiences!
- Kevin Burbine joined Goodwin in June 2018.
- He’s from Texas and North Carolina and loves his Tarheels, Longhorns, Cowboys, and Stars!
- Kevin's background in hospitality has always emphasized building relationships and leading teams, whether he was managing grocery stores at 18 or owning a fine dining franchise at 27. He has coached and consulted with small business and franchise owners for years in multiple industry segments, all over. In that time, Kevin also helped open schools and restaurants in 5 countries and couldn’t be more grateful for the perspective and knowledge that he continues to soak up from all of those with whom he works.
- He is a volunteer for his local cultural arts, supports St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and cheerleads for his amazing wife and family in everything they do! Hiking, wine, music, and his dogs are Kevin's favorite stable complements to life’s many unpredictable adventures.