Food Procurement and Warehouse Logistics Manager
Mobile, AL 36602
Food Procurement and Warehouse Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the distribution operations to ensure proper product flow
- Responsible for both inbound and outbound logistics activities to support restaurant operations
- Perform quarterly vendor-relationship reviews to ensure adequate service, quality, and pricing
- Devise measurable performance metrics for all levels of purchasing activities
- Conduct ongoing pricing research to ensure items purchased are at a beneficial cost while remaining cognizant of quality, vendor reliability, and urgency
Food Procurement and Warehouse Logistics Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience in a category-management and/or procurement role
- Must have experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Must have a proven track record of cost savings using analytical and financial skills
- Strong knowledge of operational systems, logistics, and warehouse management
“I went into nursing to help people. Now, I’m still helping; it’s just in a different way. I am helping further their career, helping put food on the table, and helping open doors that they didn’t think would open. It’s very rewarding when you can see and hear the gratitude someone has for you playing a small part in their life.”
- Shaun joined the Goodwin team in August of 2018.
- He grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana and attended the University of Louisiana, where he obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Having a strong desire to help people, Shaun moved on from a career in nursing and spent 6 years operating and managing a successful staffing franchise with 3 locations in Baton Rouge and Metairie, Louisiana.
- When he’s not working, Shaun enjoys spending time with his family, most notably his younger sister, a 7-year-old who is going on 17.