General Manager - Candy Production & Retail operations
Responsible for the successful operation of Chocolate and Confectionary business. Ensure the services, physical properties, and financial results reflect the quality standards and objective established for the business. Will keep abreast of industry trends and propose changes to production processes as needed to help grow the business. Provide direction and strategic design to production, sales, marketing and new product development.
- Oversight of entire Team including, production kitchen, operations, packaging, sales, marketing and new product development.
- Own and Manage P&L for business.
- Direct the financial and strategic planning for the business.
- Manage overall costing of equipment, products, and materials used in chocolate production.
- Collaborate with Chairman, Pastry Chef, and leadership on new product development with regards to recipes, product tasting and demonstration, packaging, and marketing.
- Provide input for packaging, label creation, ordering, and other stages of the product lifecycle.
- Ensure production and packaging follows strict state and federal guidelines for a food production facility. Ensure packaging and sales displays are on trend in the marketplace and drive new product and packaging development continuously to stay current in the market.
- Develop a sales plan for Sales Teams and help determine new sales channels.
- Coordinate a comprehensive merchandising and communication strategy for the product line to compete or exceed competitive market demands.
- Provide oversite on the development of promotional plans, advertising campaigns, brochures/catalogs, displays, and other support materials in conjunction with marketing and communications team.
- Oversee sales objectives regarding electronic strategies including internet sales and marketing.
- Ensure fair and legal employment practices are followed. Ensure safe work practices are developed and maintained.
- Supervise, evaluate and train personnel. Ensure educational opportunities are provided for all levels with the intent of retaining and developing staff.
- Analyze current production facility and determine areas to make the processes more efficient.
- Work to determine the best way to expand production (utilize the current facility, acquire production facility, build a new facility, etc.).
- Utilize other skills, tools, and resources to grow the business.
- Bachelor s Degree in business/marketing/or related field.
- 5+ years of project, production, operational, and management experience.
- 3+ years experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience writing HACCP plans, SOP s and other elements of food safety.
- Knowledge of USDA, city/state regulations, and additional compliance standards.
- Experience with budget management, in particular, optimizing food and labor costs.
- Must have the ability to successfully interact and influence a diverse base of individuals.
- The ability to walk and stand for the majority of each shift and to lift up to 50 pounds as well as the ability to reach, lift, squat, kneel and bend with or without minimal accommodations.